Friday, August 23, 2013

Cut The Cravings

I don't know about you, but I get crazy cravings some times; I will want chocolate to the point where I cannot stop thinking about it and will have to get some to munch on. If I don't give in to it at the time, I will be sure to still crave it 3 days later until I satisfy that craving.

If this sounds familiar, let both try substituting healthy foods for the junk foods that we crave. Easier said than done right? But there are reasons that you crave certain things, other than you saw someone with it, or were watching The Food Network. 
Take a look:


As you can see, most cravings are due to deficiencies in vitamins and minerals in your diet. So when you crave sugary foods like doughnuts or cookies, you should eat some fresh fruit or dairy to replenish your body's stores of carbon, phosporous, sulphur, or tryptophan. 

Also, sometimes when you think you are hungry, you're actually just thirsty; so try drinking a tall glass of cold water (cold water burns more calories because your body works harder to warm it to body temperature), and wait 10-10 minutes to see if you still feel hungry.

I hope this will help you (and me as well).


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment