It's been a long week of working out and eating right, you're feeling great and then you see it. The box of chocolate bars at the reception desk (or by the water cooler) that someone's kid is selling for a class trip fundraiser, and just like that you want that chocolate (or something else that's not so great for you).
You don't want to ruin your progress that you've made, but you really want something sweet. What to do?!
Make these: No- Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
These are like a healthy version of a Reese's peanut butter egg. With only 52 calories per protein ball, you can indulge and rid yourself of that chocolate craving, and not feel guilty afterwards because you will not have ruined all of your hard work.
2 cups natural peanut butter, crunchy
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
Sea salt, to taste
Water, as needed.
2 cups sugar free dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix peanut butter, agave nectar, protein powder, sea salt and water in a large bowl.
2. Roll mixture into balls (approx.1 tablespoon per ball) and place in a dish, then refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
3. In a small pot, melt the chocolate over medium-low heat, stirring often, until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4. Line a baking sheet with wax paper
5. Dip into melted chocolate and arrange on baking sheet.
6. Let set for 30-45 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for another 30-45 minutes before serving.*Makes approximately 60 protein balls*
Go ahead and treat yourself, and enjoy. Moderation is key.