Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Healthy Stuffed Peppers

This weekend I tried stuffed peppers for the first time and all I have to say is I can't believe what I was missing out on!

I used a Weight Watcher's Recipe from my new cookbook "Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook".



Recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 lb lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1tsp minced fresh thyme
1 tsp minced fresh basil
4 green, red, orange or yellow peppers, tops cut and seeded
1/2 cup tomato sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix together everything but the last 2 ingredients (peppers and tomato sauce) in a large bowl. Spoon evenly into the hollowed out peppers.
3. Stand peppers in a shallow baking dish or casserole dish. Pour tomato sauce over peppers. Add water to the baking pan; enough to come partway up the sides of the peppers.
4. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake, basting peppers occasionally with the pan liquid, for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the filling is cooked through.
6. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve & Enjoy.


This recipe is so good. I encourage you to give it a try.

Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment