Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Personalized Monogrammed Pillow {DIY}

I don't know what it is, but ever since I was a little girl, I loved the idea of monogrammed items. I think it was because of the movies I watched where the people in really nice houses had monogrammed towels in their bathrooms and it made me think it was cool (crazy I know - but it stuck).

With that being said, I feel like having monogrammed items like towels, robes, or pillows can make you feel a little more special in the fact that whatever item it may be is personalized for you.



Take this accent pillow for example; this is an easy DIY project that can make your home a little more personalized for you.

All you will need is a pillow in your favourite colour or design (I think a solid colour would be best though so that the monogramming stands out more), a needle & thread, and buttons of various sizes in a colour of your choice (or multi-coloured if you want to make it a little more funky).

I recommend using a fabric pen or pencil to outline the design you wish to use, then simply start sewing your buttons on until you've achieved your desired effect.


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment