Monday, June 17, 2013

Apple Crisp

This Father's Day I made my dad a Betty Crocker classic: Apple Crisp topped with Vanilla Ice Cream.
This recipe was a hit with my family and I hope it will be with your family as well.



Ingredients:

4 Medium Tart Apples (I used Royal Gala)
3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup softened butter or margarine
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I used all spice)
Vanilla Ice Cream to top the dessert 

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8 inch square pan.

2. Spread apples evenly in pan. In a medium bowl, stir all remaining ingredients (except ice cream) until well mixed. Spread mixture over apples in pan.

3. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until topping turns golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.

4. Serve dessert warm topped with ice cream. Enjoy!

This dessert is very quick and easy to make. I am not a fan of anything with cooked apple (I've been told I'm crazy but I can't help it), but I have to admit I loved this dessert and would make it again. I encourage you to give it a try.


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment