Monday, April 14, 2014

Grey & Yellow Living Spaces

When renting or buying a new home, there's always the chance that you will not love the colour scheme chosen by the previous owners. This is exactly the predicament I am in with the new apartment that I will be moving into in a month; there are bright yellow walls throughout the space, and I am personally not a huge fan of yellow painted walls.

I have been wracking my brains for the last few days on what I will do to "fix" this issue I have; at first I was going to repaint the entire space, but now I have decided to work with what I have by keeping the existing yellow walls in the kitchen (since there is hardly any wall space there that isn't covered by a tile backsplash, and then painting 3 of the 4 walls in the open concept living room attached to the kitchen in a medium grey. In this way I will achieve a feeling of connection and continuity between the two spaces by linking the colours used in both rooms together.


The bathroom above shows how, when used sparingly, bright yellow walls can look quite nice. This is especially so, when pared with a grey wall.


Another way to tie the yellow in, is to make a pattern on the walls that will act as a decorative accent wall. I think I may do something like this, or stripes,  to keep the yellow to a minimum; less is more in my opinion when it comes to bright colours.


Take Care,

Leanne.


No comments:

Post a Comment