Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Homemade Orange Sherbert

When you think back to your childhood, is there a favourite dessert or treat that comes to mind? For me, it's orange sherbert; whenever I have orange sherbert it brings back memories of having dessert with my mom in the summer at our patio table on the deck in our backyard.

It's been so long since I've had this dessert that recently I decided to find a recipe for homemade orange sherbert to add to my recipe collection. So without further delay, here's a quick and easy recipe for you to enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups orange juice 
3/4 cup sugar 
3 cups milk, scalded and cooled 
1 (15 oz.) can crushed pineapple in natural juices

Directions:
In a bowl, combine orange juice and sugar and blend thoroughly. Add milk and mix. 

Place in chilled ice cube trays without dividers or a shallow pan; freeze until mushy. 

Place mixture in a mixing bowl and whip. Add pineapple and juices. 

Return to trays or pan and freeze.


Take Care,


Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment