Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Upgrade Your Coffee Table {DIY Wallpapered Table}

If you're like me, you have what used to be a decent table from a store like IKEA where you put it together yourself and it serves its purpose, that has now unfortunately now seen its better days. My coffee table now has a few surface scratches that I cannot stand; even if I was to fill in the scratches with a furniture pen it would still bother me to no end.

So, my solution to this issue (which I found many other people have shared the same thought) - using wallpaper to cover the table top!


The table pictured above was from IKEA and what the person did was apply their favourite wallpaper to the surface, and they also added some extra detail and charm by hammering silver metal thumb tacks along the perimeter.

What my plan of attack is for my table is to wallpaper the top with a subtle geometric print, then place a piece of plate glass over the top to keep the new surface safe from scratches and water damage.

This is such a simple and easy way to upgrade your table tops and make something old look brand new!


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment