Friday, April 18, 2014

Rainy Day Runner's Workout

Have you ever started exercising outside, like running, only to have the weather ruin your planned workout?
That recently happened to me, and I was not pleased; after a solid week of nice double digit weather, we got a dumping of snow and ice covered the sidewalks, making my outdoor run close to impossible (unless I wanted to risk twisting my ankle on a patch of ice).

So, if you don't want your workout thwarted by Mother Nature, here's an awesome "Rainy Day Runner's workout" that will work your legs and core in 25 minutes.



Do each exercise listed for 1 minute, resting 20 seconds in between each exercise. For example; 1 minute of walking lunges, followed by 20 seconds of rest, then move on to your 1 minute side plank (30 seconds on your right side, then 30 seconds on your left side).
Once you have gone through the list, repeat 1-2 more times for a total of 2-3 sets.


Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment