Monday, March 31, 2014

Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole

Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner to make tonight, but don't have a whole lot kicking around the house in your pantry and cupboards? If so, look no further, I have a casserole for you that requires very little time and ingredients; most of the stuff required you should already have laying around the house.

Ladies and gents, I give you; Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole!

I found this recipe recently on the blog "Hungry Little Girl", which may I add also has a bunch of other delicious recipes for dinner, desserts, and so much more. I made it for dinner the same night I came upon the recipe, and I promise you, it did not disappoint.






Ingredients:

1 lbs ground beef (lowest fat amount possible)
2 onions, diced
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream (I use fat free)
2 cups shredded cheese
salt, pepper, oregano
1 cup frozen peas



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray and turn on the heat to high.
Saute the onions for a few minutes.

Add ground beef and garlic to the skillet, brown the ground beef completely, turn heat to medium
Spice with salt, pepper and oregano how you like it (I like to add a bit of chili powder & cayenne pepper).

Add rice, peas, tomato sauce, 1 cup cheese and broth, let simmer for 3 minutes.

Transfer everything into a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile combine the rest of the cheese with the sour cream
After 15 minutes pour the cheese and sour cream mixture on top of you casserole and bake for another 15 minutes.

Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy!

It's that easy, and trust me, you will not be disappointed with this dish.


Take Care,

Leanne.


No comments:

Post a Comment