Friday, May 3, 2013

In Distress {Distressed Wood}

I don't know about you, but I love distressed wood. It has such a warm and nostalgic feel and can add a little something extra to your space.

Here are some great examples of distressed wood in various finishes and applications:


Repurposed wood doors makes this beautiful space unique, while adding a casual quality to the space.


This shelf adds a touch of tradition with it's antique finish.


I had a deck like this in my back year growing up. There's something charming about the natural look of this distressed flooring.

Distressed wood is so beautiful, and I believe it has a lot to do with its natural flaws: no piece is the same, and each piece has its imperfections, which makes the design so beautiful and unique. What are your thoughts?

Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment