Friday, March 14, 2014

Homemade Corn Dogs

When you think back to the foods that you used to eat during your childhood what comes to mind? Pizza? Rice Krispie Squares? Baked Beans & Hot Dogs?

For me one of my favourite childhood foods were corn dogs! Even as an adult, these are still a delicious treat that I always look forward to when my town's fall fair comes around. I know that you can buy these at most grocery stores, but nothing is as good as homemade, so I thought I'd share an easy recipe for homemade corn dogs with you!




Ingredients:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup white sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 1/8 cups milk
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
2 (16 oz) packages beef hot dogs
16 wooden skewers

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, white sugar and baking powder.

Add milk and egg to the bowl and whisk well.

Heat oil in a large pot on stovetop until it reaches 350 degrees F.

While oil is heating, insert wooden skewers into hot dogs.

Dip/roll skewered hot dog into batter until completely covered.

Cooking 2-3 corn dogs at a time, cook in oil until golden brown in color, about 3 minutes. Set on paper towels once cooked to drain off any excess oil.

Now serve & enjoy with your favourite condiments!

Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment