Monday, November 25, 2013

Balsamic Mushroom Skewers

Mushrooms; I find either most people love them, or they hate them. For the people who love them, you really love them; in soups, stews, entrees, and best of all appetizers.

So for all of my mushroom lovers out there (myself included), here's a delicious Balsamic Mushroom Skewers recipe that will be a hit at your next social gathering or dinner party.



Recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 tbsp hot chili sauce (I like to use Sriracha) 
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, halved

Directions:

Whisk the hot chili sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and oregano together in a medium bowl.
Add the halved mushrooms and toss to coat them well. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or Preheat the grill, if grilling.
Thread the mushrooms onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Roast them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or grill them, 5 minutes per side.
And that's it! A quick and easy appetizer that's sure to please the mushroom lovers of your friends and family.

Enjoy! I know that I will be making these for my family's Christmas dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment