Thursday, November 28, 2013

Tomato Tortellini Soup

Now that winter is upon us, I find that people are really starting to dig out their recipe books and are making soups and stews for meals.

After last weekend`s snow storm in my area, with temperatures that started to dip quickly, I decided to make 2 different soups. The most recent one was Tomato Tortellini Soup.

Here`s my quick and easy (not to mention frugal) recipe:


Ingredients:
 1 16oz can of tomato sauce (I used mushroom)
2 tomato sauce cans of water
1 cup milk (or cream if you wish)
3 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder
1/4 Tsp salt
1/8 Tsp ground black pepper
A dash of white pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tsp Oregano
1 small pkg of frozen tortellini, cheese or beef filled (I used cheese filled)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

Directions:
In a large pot add tomato sauce, milk, water, and seasonings. Whisk together.

Add frozen tortellini and frozen mixed vegetables to the pot. 

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until tortellini is no longer frozen, stirring occasionally.

Reduce heat, and simmer for another 10 minutes.

Serve & Enjoy!

Take Care,

Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment