Friday, November 15, 2013

Homemade Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Soup

Now that the snow has started to fall here in Canada, I am in soup and stew making mode. It is the season for comfort food now.

With that being said, I find that nothing makes a soup/stew better than simmering all day in the Crockpot: the vegetables are perfectly tender and not mushy, and the meat (if you choose to put it in) is so tender that it flakes apart in your mouth. Absolutely delicious!

So this past weekend I made my first ever Crockpot Creamy Chicken & Vegetable soup.
Here's my recipe that literally took me only 15 minutes to put together before walking out the door for work Saturday morning:


Recipe:

Ingredients:

4 cups cold water
4 tbsp chicken boullion powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
3 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts, chopped into 1" chunks
2 large carrots, sliced into "dollars"
4-6 small roasting potatoes
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 medium white cooking onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 cup milk
4 tbsp all-purpose flour


Directions:
  1. Pour cold water and boullion powder into Crockpot and stir with a wire whisk until granules appear to be dissolved.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and cover and cook in the Crockpot on Low for 6-8 hours.
  3. Transfer soup from Crockpot to a large pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. 
  5. Slowly add milk & flour mixture to boiling pot of soup while stirring.
  6. Bring to a consistent boil until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
  7. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you will enjoy this soup as much as I know my boyfriend and I did (even our dogs couldn't stop sniffing the air and wanting a taste).

Take Care,

Leanne.




No comments:

Post a Comment