Thursday, November 14, 2013

Challenging Stability Plank

Recently I have learned a new form of planking, and I have to admit, it's pretty challenging.

Single leg stability ball planks:


The way I was taught how to do this move is: 
  1. Get into plank position with your shins placed on the stability ball (the further the ball is away from your knees, the more challenging this move will be)
  2. Place your hands directly under your shoulders.
  3. Bring your right leg in at a 90 degree angle with your knee pointing towards the ground and toe pointing to the wall behind you.
  4. Now hold for 30 seconds.
  5. Switch legs and repeat.
It sounds easy but I assure you this can be quite challenging. For an added challenge my trainer makes me do 10 pikes on the ball after my 1 minute of planking (see picture below). 


These moves are so good, and I can always feel my abs working throughout this. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll see (and feel) that it's working.

Take Care,

Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment